Here are some reasons you should walk more in this new year.
Even though you may find yourself very busy each day try to set at least 10-15 minutes in your schedule to do some walking. It does not sound like a lot of time but it will do a lot for your body.
1. It helps your heart. This is because walking lowers blood pressure, reduces cholesterol and helps in preventing strokes.
2. Makes you more flexible. Walking is another proven method for you to get fitter and benefit from better coordination. You will also become less prone to accidents and injuries because it helps in building stronger bones, improved mobility and muscle control.
3. Helps strengthens your bones. Walking is a weight-bearing exercise, which means it increases and maintains bones density, helping to prevent fractures and osteoporosis, while inhibiting osteoarthritis
4. Make you concentrate more. Walking boosts blood and oxygen supply to the brain, as well as the whole body. It makes you be more alert, improves memory, creativity and problem solving skills.
5. Takes off Fat. Walking helps you to increase your metabolic rate. Well, this shows that as long as you are moving, exercise and watch what you are eating, you can keep on burning the calories long after you stopped. So it’s true, it does help you in weight loss!
6. Makes You feel younger, happier and live longer. Believe it or not, walking raises blood level of mood-enhancing chemicals like dopamine, adrenaline, beta-endorphins and serotonin. Besides that it keeps your skin toned and looks fresher by boosting the blood and oxygen supply to your cells.
WALKING REALLY HELPS!! DO YOU PLAN TO TRY WALKING MORE FOR THE NEW YEAR?
some information sourced from www.healthysstyleliving.com