Jamaica Health Tips Online - Protecting the Environment, Protecting your Health
RSS

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Springing it from the pipe: the drinking water you pay too much for
Early Childhood Institution: keeping the little ones safe.
One of the deadliest factors most food service operators constantly abuse
The great controversy: To rinse or not to rinse?
The ugly truth behind the famous five-second rule

Categories

Food
General Health
Personal Health
Smoking
powered by

Jamaica Health Tips Blog

Cholera Prevention

Many Jamaican's have been told how serious the Cholera disease is, but how many Jamaican's are actively using the correct prevention techniques.

Cholera is a very serious disease that should be taken very seriously as if not treated in time or correctly can cause death.

Here are some steps one can take to prevent Cholera:

Wash your hands. Frequent hand washing is the best way to control cholera infection. Wash your hands thoroughly with hot, soapy water, especially before eating or preparing food, after using the toilet, and when you return from public places. Carry an alcohol-based hand sanitizer for times when water isn't available.

• Avoid untreated water. Contaminated drinking water is the most common source of cholera infection. For that reason, drink only bottled water or water you've boiled or disinfected yourself. Coffee, tea and other hot beverages, as well as bottled or canned soft drinks, wine and beer, are generally safe. Carefully wipe the outside of all bottles and cans before you open them and ask for drinks without ice. Use bottled water to brush your teeth.
  • Eat food that's completely cooked and hot. Cholera bacteria can survive on room temperature food for up to five days and aren't destroyed by freezing. It's best to avoid street vendor food, but if you do buy it, make sure your meal is cooked in your presence and served hot.
  • Avoid sushi. Don't eat raw or improperly cooked fish and seafood of any kind.
  • Be careful with fruits and vegetables. When you're traveling, make sure that all fruits and vegetables that you eat are cooked or have thick skins that you peel yourself. Avoid lettuce in particular because it may have been rinsed in contaminated water.
  • Be wary of dairy foods. Avoid ice cream, which is often contaminated, and unpasteurized milk.
    Do you feel safe during the current Cholera health alert in Jamaica?

11 Comments to Cholera Prevention:

Comments RSS
    Margate FL Locksmith on Friday, December 28, 2012 5:03 AM
    Hello.This article was really interesting, especially because I was looking for thoughts on this subject last Sunday.
    Reply to comment

Fake Breitling Chronomat Watch on Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:53 PM
    If you want to look fabulous, dress fancy, experience true luxury, but find that it's either impossible to afford or just plain wasteful during these tough economic times, has the perfect solution.
    Reply to comment

glass clamp on Friday, May 17, 2013 10:50 PM
    Hi, I truly appreciate all of the excellent content you may have the following. I am glad I stumbled upon your web site.
    Reply to comment

sexy underwear on Saturday, October 19, 2013 2:12 AM
    Thank you for sharing, I really like, but my home page there are more related content, you can refer to. I expect better
    Reply to comment

Maj Watches on Sunday, October 12, 2014 9:41 PM
    Hurrah, that’s what I was exploring for, what a information!
    Reply to comment

sell rolex watch on Thursday, December 25, 2014 9:09 AM
    A person necessarily help to make seriously posts I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and to this point? I amazed with the analysis you made to make this particular put up amazing. Fantastic activity!
    Reply to comment

aussi essay services on Monday, September 25, 2017 6:59 AM
    Thumbs up for you on this post . You do great thing for humans . I am happy when i know people like you still exist how worry this much about other people and working there betterment .Really really wonderful work this gonna save many lives . I want to post it on my every social media account so people can get benefit from it.
    Reply to comment

who makes pontiac cars on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 6:12 AM
    Hi, I do think this is an excellent blog. I stumbledupon it
    Reply to comment

page on Saturday, September 15, 2018 3:38 AM
    We're happy you shared this topic about Cholera Prevention. We need to be always vigilant on illnesses like this.
    Reply to comment

page on Saturday, September 15, 2018 3:38 AM
    We are glad you share this article.
    Reply to comment

http://www.mastersite.com/ on Monday, September 17, 2018 1:05 PM
    This definitely interests me. I love reading topics like this. Keep sharing!
    Reply to comment