Jamaica Health Tips Online - Protecting the Environment, Protecting your Health
RSS

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Sleep Paralysis; the spirit in your dreams
Five biggest mistakes we make when trying to lose weight
Hand foot and mouth disease; should you be worried?
Indoor air pollution; the unexpected killer
Nutraceutical; the hidden truth to a perfect health.

Categories

November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010

powered by

Jamaica Health Tips Blog

Taking care of the elderly

Some Jamaicans may say that caring for elderly parents can be difficult for family members, especially  if they aren't proactive. Social interactions are extremely important to an elderly person's mental and emotional health. Regular interactions with people of all ages should be encouraged. One family member should never have the sole responsibility for caring for an elderly family member.

Traditionally, one might expect the children to look after their elderly parents, but grandchildren, nieces, nephews and siblings should also be involved. An entire family looking after its members reduces the overwhelming burden. Remember that elderly adults are not children. While some of your parents or grandparents suffer from mental frailties such as Alzheimer’s and maybe even dementia, the majority usually remain mentally active and alert.

Do not talk to them as though you are in charge. Remember to always show thoughtfulness, compassion and respect.

Do you play an active role in your elderly family member’s life?

18 Comments to Taking care of the elderly:

Comments RSS
lellis on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:11 AM
I do play an active role in an elderly family member's life. I think, whilst you are in a position to help, you should assist. Also, helping people gives me inner joy and happiness.

elderly care on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:22 PM
Taking Elderly care is a nice role in our life. We can't live without them, We are not here without them, I'm lucky that I have went in this world. Thanks for this information blogs.

Hoodia Weight Loss on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:53 AM
I too agree with you. We must take good care of both kids and elderly persona very carefully. As the person grows older their metabolic rate decreases and prone to diseases frequently. Hence we must take good care of them.

Hoodia Weight Loss on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:54 AM

live in care on Monday, December 10, 2012 2:20 AM
Elder people needs the extra care because in that old age they suffered from the several problems.

Teeth whitening on Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:17 AM
I agree with each and every conclusions made on this topic of extra care of the elderly people. It is really very informative. Thanks for sharing.

Etar on Saturday, March 09, 2013 9:55 AM
I am a elder person, so I am looking for such kind of blog which deals with Taking care of the elderly. In your blog, there have a good idea on General Health by which I have come to acquire a good knowledge on this concept. Thanks.

Home Help for the Elderly on Wednesday, May 01, 2013 11:59 PM
When it comes to elderly health care you should never compromise as the old people lose more and more control over their lives. The younger generation is trying their level best to take over everything and it is really appreciable.

beijing tibet on Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:18 AM
It' really a great and helpful piece of info. I glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

オークリー ゴルフ on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:35 PM
Interesting articles on information like this is a great find. It’s like finding a treasure. I appreciate how you express your many points and share in your views. Thank you.

Hermes Bag on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:50 AM
This is a good post. I really like it. This post is quite unique and extraordinary. The author must be very talented.

mercurial vapor on Friday, April 11, 2014 1:39 PM
Hi! I am about to start my own website and was wondering if you know where the best place to buy a blog url is? I'm not even sure if that's what its known as? (I'm new to this) I'm referring to "%BLOGURL%". Exactly how do I go about getting one of these for the website I'm creating? Thanks!

ray ban sunglasses on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:21 AM
The heart of your writing whilst appearing {agreea

ray ban on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:57 PM
Hi, Neat post. There is an issue together with your site in web explorer, could test this?IE still is the marketplace leader and a big component to people will omit your magnificent writing due to this problem.

Loura Chong Reid on Saturday, October 18, 2014 6:07 AM
Thanks you all for visiting and enjoying our blog.

oyster perpetual datejust on Thursday, December 25, 2014 8:46 AM
Valuable information. Lucky me I found your site by accident, and I'm shocked why this accident did not happened earlier! I bookmarked it.

swiss ladies watches on Friday, January 09, 2015 8:28 PM
It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!

Loura Chong Reid on Saturday, January 10, 2015 7:35 PM
We are really happy you found us and please come again.